DIT Australia and New Zealand Cyber Security Opportunities
NSW Digital Restart Fund (DRF): Investment (AUD 1.6 billion) to accelerate whole of NSW government digital transformation. It has been developed to enable iterative, multi-disciplinary approaches to digital/ICT planning, development and service provision and will complement existing investment approaches in digital/ICT. More here.
- The fund includes AUD 240 million for cyber security.
- The DRF will fund digital initiatives that deliver a Life journey, Life event service or a state digital asset, or accelerate legacy modernisation or digital capability.
- Applying for funding can be viewed here and companies that wish to discuss the eligibility and pre-screening process can contact the DRF team on email@example.com.
- Over the past two weeks there have been several major cyber security announcements from both federal and state government – highlighting the national priority to increase cyber security preparedness and posture of government and industry. Attached to this update is a summary of these announcements.
Main announcements include:
- $1.35 billion CESAR Package – Nations largest ever investment in cyber security
- $1.6 billion NSW Digital Restart Fund for Digital Infrastructure
- NSW Government Seeks input on next cyber Strategy
- New Regional Cyber Security Centre and Taskforce Launched