The Cyber Security Landscape - North East
As part of the UK Cyber Security Sectoral Analysis 2021, Government explored the number of cyber security firms; offices; and the estimated share of UK activity (weighted for revenue, employment and the number of firms) for each region.
For the North East, the report identifies the following:
- 22 registered cyber security businesses
- 74 active offices related to the cyber security sector
- Home to an estimated 2% of the UK cyber security sector’s employment
- Key hotspots for cyber security activity are Newcastle, Sunderland and Middlesbrough
- Employers include Accenture, Security Risk Management, and Waterstons
This region is home to the CyberNorth cluster.
Take a look at the key findings of the full report here.