The Cyber Security Landscape - North West
As part of the UK Cyber Security Sectoral Analysis 2021, Government explored the number of cyber security firms; offices; and the estimated share of UK activity (weighted for revenue, employment and the number of firms) for each region.
For the North West, the report identifies the following:
- 104 registered cyber security businesses
- 276 active offices related to the cyber security sector
- Home to around 8.5% of the UK cyber security sector’s employment
- Key hotspots for cyber security activity are Manchester, Liverpool, and Warrington.
- Employers including firms such as NCC Group, KPMG, BeyondTrust, and Secarma.
The region is also home to the North West Cyber Security Cluster, GCHQ (Manchester), and the Greater Manchester Cyber Foundry.
Take a look at the key findings of the full report here.