The Cyber Security Landscape - Scotland
As part of the UK Cyber Security Sectoral Analysis 2021, Government explored the number of cyber security firms; offices; and the estimated share of UK activity (weighted for revenue, employment and the number of firms) for each region.
For Scotland, the report identifies the following:
- 86 registered cyber security businesses
- 283 active offices related to the cyber security sector
- Home to around 8% of the UK cyber security sector’s employment
- Key hotspots for cyber security activity are Edinburgh and Glasgow, followed by Aberdeen
- Employers include firms such as Sopra Steria, Adarma, Fortinet and Quorum Cyber
This region is home to the ScotlandIS cluster.
Take a look at the key findings of the full reporthere.