The UK Counties Most Impacted By Fraud And Cybercrime In 2022
In-depth research from Durham-based company Hicomply, shows the UK counties most impacted by fraud and cybercrime.
Data has revealed the UK counties most impacted by fraud and cybercrime.
Using crime figures provided by regional police forces, experts at information security firm Hicomply found that 178,689 total fraud and computer misuse crimes were reported between January 1st and June 30th 2022. UK residents lost a reported £1.7billion.
Of those, 16,148 (9%) reports were classified as cyber-dependent crime, which encompasses social media and email hacking, server hacking, personal hacking, computer viruses, malware, spyware and more.
Experts looked at:
- The number of fraud and computer misuse offences, including cybercrime, recorded by police forces
- The fraud and computer misuse offence rate per 1,000 population
- The number of cybercrime offences
- Total offences recorded by regional police forces
- The percentage of fraud and computer misuse offences per total recorded offences.
- The percentage of cybercrimes per total recorded offences.
To find the areas most impacted click the link below.See the full report here