Australia's Cyber Security Strategy 2020
The Australian government has released its 2020 Cyber Security Strategy, with AUD 1.67 billion to be spent over the next 10 years. The Commonwealth will develop legislation that would impose cyber standards on operators of critical infrastructure and systems of national significance; consider what laws need to be changed to have a minimum cyber baseline across the economy; and create powers that allow the federal government to get on the offensive and actively defend networks and critical infrastructure. Funding commitment highlights:
- Cyber Enhanced Situational Awareness and Response – AUD 1,350.0 million
- Strengthening Australia’s counter cybercrime capability – AUD 164.9 million
- Growing Australia’s skills – AUD 90.2 million
- Support to small and medium enterprises and vulnerable Australian’s – AUD 63.4 million
- Enhance the cyber security of universities – AUD 1.6 million
Click here to read more.