Japan - Automotive Cyber Security Virtual Pitch Session - Call for Applications
Japan is home to some of the biggest names in automotive manufacturing including Toyota, Nissan, Honda and Subaru. As the global automotive market moves to CASE (Connected, Automated/Autonomous, Shared and Electric) and MaaS based mobility, automotive cyber security is an increasingly important part of the supply chain. WP 29 of the UN Economic Commission for Europe adopted new international cyber security regulations in June 2020 that will enter into force from January 2021. The automotive sector in Japan, where many of the leading OEMs have been victims of major cyberattacks, is working hard to adapt to the new standards and the UK cyber security industry is well placed to offer its capability in this area.
The pitch session, together with a webinar on CASE related cyber security on 30 November, will be part of a major campaign entitled the Future of Mobility GREAT Season run by the British Embassy Tokyo between October 2020 and May 2021. The pitch session will provide an opportunity for the UK automotive cyber security companies to introduce their innovative technology to a Japanese industry audience and to explore business opportunities in Japan.
Fee: Free of charge
Accepted applicants will be notified by 10 November.
What to expect from the opportunity:
- Opportunity to pitch to a business audience in Japan, including Japanese OEMs, (via a recorded pitch for 6-8 mins, provided prior to the event) and to engage with them via a live Q&A session.
- Contact details where available and agreed with Japanese stakeholders
- Promotion to local traditional and social media
- Company info translated and published on the event website
Eligibility to apply for the opportunity:
- You have been trading in the automotive cyber security sector for a minimum of two years
- You have products/services ready to trade (i.e. not under development or concepts)
GST 23:59, Thursday 5 November
If you are interested in the opportunity, please apply via the link below.
For enquiries, please contact email@example.com.