Terms and conditions
This website is operated under Data Protection Law (The Data Protection Act 2018), the data controller is, the Information, Technology, Telecommunications and Electronics Association (t/a “techUK”) of 10 St. Bride Street, London, EC4A 4AD (“we” or “us”).
Please read these terms carefully before you start to use the Site. By visiting and using the Site you confirm that you accept these terms, consent to the practices described in these terms and that you agree to comply with these terms. If you do not agree with these terms, you must not use our Site.
- ACCESSING THE SITE
- We do not guarantee that the Site, or any content on it, will always be available or uninterrupted. Access to the Site is permitted on a temporary basis and we may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of the Site without notice. We will not be liable to you if for any reason the Site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
- The Site is directed to users based in the United Kingdom. We do not represent that content available on or through the Site is appropriate or available in other locations. We may limit the availability of the Site to any person or geographic area at any time. If you choose to access the Site from outside the United Kingdom, you do so at your own risk.
- YOUR OBLIGATIONS
- You shall only use this Site and any of its contents for lawful purposes.
- You are responsible for making all arrangements (including configuring your information technology, computer programs and platform) necessary for you to have access to the Site and any of its contents and for backing up and securing your content.
- You must not misuse the Site by introducing viruses, Trojans, worms, spyware, adware or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to the Site, the server on which the Site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to the Site. You must not attack the Site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack. By breaching this provision, you will commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990 and we will report any such breach to the relevant authorities and will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. Your right to use the Site shall cease immediately upon any such breach.
- Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures which enables you to access certain parts of the Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. You must not disclose this information to any third party. Please note that we have the right to disable any password at any time if, in our reasonable opinion, you have failed to comply with any of the provisions of these terms.
- You shall not link to the Site for any purpose that is unfair or unlawful, or in a way which damages or takes advantage of our reputation or the reputation of other users of the Site, or in a way which suggests any form of association with, or approval or endorsement by, us or any other user of the Site where none exists.
- We may update this Site from time to time and may change the content at any time. Please note that any of the content on the Site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update it. We do not warrant that the Site or its contents are error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that the Site or the server making it available are free of viruses or other harmful components.
- Nothing on the Site shall act as a recommendation or endorsement of any party and we do not warrant or make any representation regarding the use, or the results of the use, of any contents on the Site in terms of their correctness, accuracy, reliability, or otherwise. You assume the entire cost of all necessary servicing, repair or correction of your content.
- This Site may contain links to and from third party websites, such as the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. These links are provided for information only and, to the fullest extent permitted by law, we do not accept any responsibility or liability for such websites or their policies, for any materials or information available on those sites, or for your use of those websites. Such links should not be interpreted as endorsement by us of those linked websites. If you follow a link to any of such websites, please note that the websites and any services that may be accessible through them have their own privacy policies. Please check their policies before you submit any personal data to the websites or use their services.
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
- Any intellectual property in content posted or uploaded on the Site (including, but not limited to, any trademarks, graphics or logos) is owned or licensed by the party submitting such content. Nothing in these terms acts to transfer the intellectual property rights of one party to another party.
- If you post or upload any content to the Site, you warrant that you have all necessary approvals, consents or licences to use the content in such manner.
- Any content posted or uploaded to the Site will be considered non-confidential. Whilst you retain all ownership rights in your content:
- you grant to us a non-exclusive, royalty free, worldwide, transferable licence to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display and perform such content for the purposes of running and maintaining the Site; and
- you grant to every other user of the Site a non-exclusive, royalty free, worldwide, non-transferable licence to use that content and to distribute and make it available to third parties for the purposes of furthering the Cyber Growth Partnership initiative.
- INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
We collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You will give us information about you and your organisation by filling in forms on the Site or by corresponding with us (for example, by e-mail or otherwise). This includes information you provide when you register to use the Site, participate in any discussion boards or other social media functions on our site, create and update information provided on your user page, signing up for any promotions, newsletter, events or surveys on the Site and when you report a problem with the Site. If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence. The information you give us may include your name, your organisation name, address, e-mail address and phone number.
- Information we collect about you. Each time you visit the Site we automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our support number.
- Information we receive from other sources. We are working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
- A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
- We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of the Site. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the Site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way the Site works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to the Site. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to the Site, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make the Site and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
- You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
- USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out any obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- to provide you with information, products and services that you request from us; and
- to notify you about changes to our services or the Site.
- Marketing. Where you have expressly consented to such use and means of contact, we use the information you give to us, or permit the third parties identified in clause 9 below to use such information, to provide you with information about goods, services or events which may be of interest to you. We, or they, may contact you by electronic means (such as e-mail or SMS) for this purpose.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes or to contact you through electronic means. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing of your data by ticking the relevant box during the registration process and/or on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise this right at any time (for example, if you change your mind) by contacting us at email@example.com
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer the Site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve the Site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep the Site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of the Site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
- DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
- We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
- We may also share your personal information with the members of the Cyber Growth Partnership from time to time. A list of these members can be found on the Site.
- We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- if we, or substantially all of our assets, are acquired by a third party in which case we may disclose your personal information to the prospective seller or buyer and personal information held by us about our users will be one of the transferred assets; and
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation or request; or in order to enforce or apply these terms or any other agreements; or to protect the rights, property or safety of our business, our customers or others (this includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction).
- INFORMATION SECURITY
- The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Site and any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use industry-standard procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
- The Site may feature services such as social networking, chat room or forum features. Ensure when using these features that you do not submit any personal data that you do not want to be seen, collected or used by other users.
- ACCESS TO INFORMATION
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- This clause sets out our entire financial liability (including any liability for the acts or omissions or our employees, agents, contributors, consultants and sub-contractors) to you in relation to the Site.
- Nothing in these terms excludes or limits our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, or our fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, or any other liability that cannot be excluded or limited by law.
- To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to our Site or any content on it, whether express or implied.
- We shall have no liability to you whether in contract, tort (including negligence or breach of statutory duty), misrepresentation, restitution or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising in connection with the performance of these terms, your use of the Site or your reliance on any content displayed on the Site.
- In particular, we will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our Site or your downloading of any content on it or on any website linked to it.
- CHANGES TO THESE TERMS
We may revise these terms at any time. Any changes we may make will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by e-mail. Please check back frequently to take notice of any updates or changes to our terms, as they are binding upon you.
- If any part of these terms is held unlawful or unenforceable that part shall be struck out and the remaining terms shall remain in effect.
- Our failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these terms shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
- These terms set out the whole of our agreement relating to your access to and use of the Site and its contents.
- These terms are governed by English law and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.