The Cyber Security Landscape - South West
As part of the UK Cyber Security Sectoral Analysis 2021, Government explored the number of cyber security firms; offices; and the estimated share of UK activity (weighted for revenue, employment and the number of firms) for each region.
For the South West, the report identifies the following:
- 110 registered cyber security businesses
- 252 active offices related to the cyber security sector
- Home to an estimated 8% of the UK cyber security sector’s employment
- Key hotspots for cyber security activity include Gloucester, Bristol, Bath, Swindon, Bournemouth, Exeter, and Plymouth
- Employers include firms such as BAE Systems and Immersive Labs
The region is also home to a range of clusters including CyNam, Bristol and Bath Cyber Security Cluster and the South West Cluster. The region also benefits from a strong military and defence ecosystem, with strong links to GCHQ in Gloucestershire.
Take a look at the key findings of the full report here.